Sunday, July 14, 2019

Michael Conklin


Michael's Bio:
My name is Michael Conkling and I am from Pretty Prairie, KS. Being somewhat retired from doing product design and creating museum exhibits, I have returned to my artisan side. As a scrimshaw artist for the past 40 years, I have done scrimshaw artwork on various materials, including a number of powder horns. But as the powder horn is often paired with a pouch, I have developed a passion for the various styles of pouches and the art of leatherwork. 

After my Mom & sister discovered that our family had two separate DAR lines (one from northern NJ and the other from southern VA ), I became more interested in the creation of 18th & 19th century style powder horns and pouches. Since Kansas is not noted for a great member of black powder artisans, I have become a member of both the Contemporary Longrifle Association and the Honorable Company of Horners so that I could be exposed to other artists in these crafts.

Photo of Michael's Work:





 You can see Michael's  work at the 2019 CLA Show "New Artists" table, or e-mail him at: jmconkling@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment