Sunday, July 14, 2019

Verlin Cossel


Verlin's Bio:
I became interested in knifemaking after visiting Sam Stoner, (Mennonite knifemaker that runs his machine shop with two horses taking a walk on a treadmill).  I am close to retirement age and decided to accumulate the needed tools to create a coal forge smithy in my back yard. I bought the Willie White knifemaking DVD to get started.  Chris Hardesty introduced me to Hershel, Frank and John House and they helped me create two knives.  I have been creating since.  Am learning to engrave and have made some carving tools in anticipation of creating a muzzleloader in the future.

I still work in the service lane at Toyota of Bowling Green KY five days a week knowing that one day soon I will be changing occupations.

Photos of Verlin's Work:


 Come and see Verlin's great talent at the 2019 CLA Show, or you can contact him via e-mail at:  verlin@hotmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment