Sunday, July 7, 2019

Matt Adams

One of the New & Aspiring Artists for 2019 that will be featured at the New & Aspiring Artists table at the CLA show this August is Matt Adams.




Matt's Bio:

I’m 26 years old and live in Belleville, Michigan.  I have been interested in history my whole life. And I’ve been perusing bag making for roughly two and a half years now, and I’m always looking to hone my craft/skill. And I was first really interested in history when I would go to my uncle Brian’s house as a kid and watch his history channel VHS tapes or his Mark A Baker’s the Longhunter series, along with watching my uncle work at his forge and in his shop. Every since then I have been into history involving the French and Indian War and the American Revolution and everything in between and after that time period almost up to the Civil War.

Photos of Matt's Work:
Below are some photos of Matt's  bag he is creating to feature at the New & Aspiring Artists table.  Be sure to come by and meet Matt at the show, and take a look at his work.  There will also be 2 other tables at the show where the artists can sit and showcase/sell some of their other pieces.

Matt's Bag

 



Matt's bag is made from vegetable tanned cow hide and dyed a dark brown and treated with neatsfoot oil.  The bag has a cast pewter button and a cast brass buckle from James Townsend and Sons.
Come by the New Artists table at the CLA show and visit with Matt and see his great work.  Matt can be contacted at :  mattadams0716@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment