Sunday, July 7, 2019

Robert Park

Robert Park will be another one of the New & Aspiring Artists who will be at the 2019 CLA Show.



Robert Park's Bio:


My name is Rob Park and I am from Sycamore Ohio.  I made my first knife in November of 2014.  And I have been doing living history and shooting flintlocks since 1980. I have had a love for knives it seems for a long time.  I took a knife making class at the Log Cabin shop in Lodi Ohio, taught by Joe Seabolt and Ian Pratt. The class really helped my skills in knife making. Joe has been a big help and influence in my short knife making and he has become a good friend.  I also have been to Woodbury twice for the House brothers knife making class.

The knife I am displaying on the New and Aspiring Artists table is an Osage  turned handle knife, with a nine (9)  inch blade. It has a through tang and a coin silver butt cap. I also made a raw hide inner sheath covered in brain tanned leather.

Photos of Rob's knife:

 




Please stop by the New & Aspiring Artists table at the CLA show and visit with Rob.  You can also contact him at:    rpark1760@icloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment