Sunday, July 14, 2019

Jeff "Po Boy" Luke

Jeff "PO Boy" Luke will be another one of the "New & Aspiring Artists at the CLA show for 2019.  


Jeff's Bio:

I was always fascinated by those who crafted useful items by hand, many times out of necessity.  I developed a passion for American history at a young age and coupled that with my later found passion for leatherwork a couple years ago when I began making possibles bags and knife sheaths.  I also enjoy hunting, fishing, and enjoying the outdoors.  Most of my leather pieces are inspired by features and construction methods from the late 18th century.  The bag I will be displaying started as raw veg tan cow hide and features a hand tooled folk art angel image inspired by an original image I found of a red ware plate from the 18th century. 


Photos of Jeff's Work:

   

  

Jeff is one of the talented artists you will want to visit with at the 2019 CLA Show.  You can also contact him via e-mail at:  

2 comments: